Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS - Top 5 Characters Honorable Mentions

Of course, with every list like a Top 10 Characters I Want In _______, there are also characters that come so close to making the cut but just fall a bit short. These are the characters that I almost put on my list but gave second thoughts about.
Toon Zelda

5) Toon Zelda/Tetra - Legend of Zelda Franchise, Nintendo

In Brawl, it was discovered by players there was some data on the game that supposedly said "Toon Zelda." Now, I have to admit, though I don't SSBB, I do believe that if she were to be added in the latest installment, hardcore L.O.Z. fans would rejoice. Plus, if you include her transformation to Tetra from Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, I would actually play as her. The only reason she didn't make the list is the same reason I don't like Toon Link: the moves would be too similar to their real-life counterpart.
exactly believe that she exists in

4) Professor Layton and Ace Attorney - Professor Layton and Ace Attorney Franchises, Nintendo and Capcom

Originally supposed to be gag characters I would've thrown in, I realized that they don't exactly fit into the Super Smash universe. This is mostly because both characters aren't really fighters but more puzzle-solvers. Not to mention that they wouldn't really have powerful moves. But if they do get added into the game (by sheer luck, I suppose), they'd probably be better of as Assist Trophies. Again, SHEER LUCK.

3) Ryu and Goku - Street Fighter and Dragon Ball Franchises, Capcom and (Whoever makes the Dragon Ball Games Now)

The second tie on the list, but for good reason: There's so much debate over these characters. Listen, Ryu and Goku already have their own fighting games. Even if the were to cross paths in Super Smash Bros., they'd be so over-powered, it would make Giga Bowesr look like a tiny kitten. Plus, GOKU DOESN'T FIT IN SSB. SO SHUT UP!!!!

2) Knuckles - Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise, SEGA

Yes, the red-colored brawler would be a perfect addition to the game. He would have a powerful move set and could easily demolish the competition. I even considered replacing Shadow with Knuckles in my Top 10 Characters I Want List. The only reason I didn't is because we already have Little Mac from Punch-Out! on the list. In order for Knuckles to properly fit into t
he game, in my opinion, he would've shared an identical move set to Little Mac. Plus, his final smash
would've probably been similar to Shadow and Sonic since he can also use the abilities given by the Chaos Emeralds.

Mickey Mouse
1) Mickey Mouse - Epic Mickey Franchise, Junction Point Studios

Admit it: you have a spot for Disney in our heart and with the Epic Mickey games being some of the best original concepts to come out of Disney's endless supply of ideas, it would've made no surprise that Mickey Mouse would bring him and his paintbrush to battle against video games' most popular icons. He'd use his paintbrush to create items, regenerate health and use his thinner to cause holes in the map, erase players, etc. the only reason he didn't make the cut is because of one thing: copyright. Nintendo would have o talk to Junction Point to acquire the title license but then have to go to Disney to acquire to actual content license. Yep, thanks to copyright, we may not have the famous mouse kicking butt and taking names.

So, that ends the list of the characters I (almost) wanted in Smash. If you want to see who did make the cut, just click here: Top 10 Characters I Want In Super Smash Bros 4

Be sure to comment below and AS ALWAYS, GAMERS OF THE NATIONS, RAGE ON!
I will see you all next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment